26 March 2008

101. 58-Year-Old Female Obama Supporter In Chicago

Some people and I followed Obama into Lake Michigan. My terror of deep water came to me but then I suddenly knew that I would be able swim in this soft water and stay on the surface and not drown or be afraid.

We swam and swam and then came around a curving shore towards a downtown Chicago harbor where there was a cheering crowd waiting to see him.

But his two baby sons had been playing in the water and were missing. I swam out farther into the lake and found them clinging to some branches. They were cold and barely alive -- just very tiny babies. Just then Obama swam up and he saw that I had found them. He took one and I took the other and we swam them back to shore to where his wife was waiting. One of the babies smiled at me and said my name.

No comments: